Good and Bad

Former Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX
Former Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX

I worked at Samsung Group

Pros

Hard working employees. Good exposure to new technologies. Challenging work. STA offers great benefits and the compensation is good. End of year gifts are nice.

Cons

Long hours. Too many biz trips to Korea. No autonomy from HQ. Too many projects are focused on commercialization work.

Advice to Management

Improve the cafeteria - the vegetarian food was terrible. Focus more on long term planning. Improve the internal systems. End.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Samsung

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Samsung Group

Pros

Samsung is number one in many area's and I believe it's number one because of it's commitment to work hard and get the job done at all cost. If you want to be the best, then you have to strive to be the best and here at Samsung I believe we all strive to make that happen.

Cons

Maybe being more open to working from home, the dress code, etc. This is the Valley and people want to work from home from time to time and also wear shorts, flip-flops on occasions.

Advice to Management

You either accept the management style or you don't. I love the management I interact with and wouldn't change a thing.

ok but lots of room for improvement - not employee friendly right now but working on it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Samsung Group

Pros

great company, looks great on the resume, good industry growth especially during a recession

Cons

lack of work-life balance, asian culture, poor recognition of hard work, pay is not as good as it could be for middle and lower level positions

Advice to Management

listen to employee feedback, more competitive pay and to recognize hard work