There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Mobile

Fast Paced, Dynamic, Burnout!

I have been working at Samsung Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with are talented & perform at very high levels. The culture is dynamic & expectations are high. You are constantly challenged & always learning something new. The pay is good & the benefits are the greatest I've seen. Great products. My professional growth has grown tremendously due to the level of execution that is expected.

Cons

Constant, fast-paced, stressful environment. Often times, you are expected to work with urgency, but only for the sake of being urgent. Very long work hours, which causes burnout. Because many activities & objectives are always so new, positions are created out of necessity, but have no clear career growth/mapping. Although work-life balance is stressed verbally, it's certainly not the case when working.

No need to always be urgent. At times, slow down & work through objectives in a moderate pace to ensure it's done correctly. Be cognizant of your staff's work-life balance & career goals.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Mobile (View Most Recent)

Had a great experience as an intern at Samsung Mobile

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern

I worked at Samsung Mobile as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Expectations were hard to meet
    - Very supportive team
    - Had great equipment to develop on
    - Flexible hours
    - Passionate team members

Cons

- Didn't get get feedback on my work from my manager very often (autonomy could be a pro)
    - Potential cultural barriers
    - Aggressive deadlines (sometimes there isn't work/life balance)

- Take engineers feedback about the balance between quality and deadlines more seriously

Unbelievable

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Samsung Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation was competitive, bonus was pretty good, they are making profits. But no stocks, it's not traded in US exchanges.

Cons

Complete chaos, nobody knows what is happening, why it is happening. Probably manufacturing in Korea knows what they are doing, but have no clue on mobile software. People are expected to follow orders without asking any questions. No respect for people, you will get calls at 3:00 am in the night and would be casually asked to do something useless without even acknowledging this is an awkward hour and the request could be done two weeks later with no impact to anything.

Come to Silicon Valley and see how companies are run