There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Semiconductor

Not all it's cut out to be. Try somewhere else

Current Employee - Leader  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Leader in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Semiconductor

Pros

benefits and pay are fantastic. recently scaled back for cost reductions.

Cons

poor sr. management, low morale, recent downsizing is ethically questionable. employee scores unsustantiated, denial of unemployment benefits.

Honesty

91 Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

I'm glad I have a job.

Current Employee - Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Samsung Semiconductor

Pros

The benefits are very good. For the most part it is a very stable company. Once you stop worrying about the things that cant be changed the stress level lowers dramatically.

Cons

The dual culture is a huge downside. Others know key details before I do because of the culture difference. This will never change. Instead of being up front about what is wanted it is given in bits and pieces. The Koreans think as if all information is top secret and the American workers can not be trusted with.

If we are to be on top when the economy crisis ends, you need to start listening more to the American employees. We really do know what we are talking about. Or at least most of us do.

Find Another Place to Work.........

Current Employee - Associate Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Samsung Semiconductor

Pros

The Company offers a great and competitive benefits package.
    Benefits not only include Medical/Dental/Vision but a 50% subsidized cafeteria, free lunches (at times), a full Gym (memberships if not a local employee).
    The Company is stable and has been around a long time.
    Samsung is very diverisified and will be able to recover quicker from the economic conditions.
    The company tries to emphasize GWP (Great Work Place) by having employees become part of teams to show community involvement.
    The company has a flexible work schedule.
    The company allows telecommuting for some positions and other positions are allowed part time telecommuting.

Cons

The company is Highly cultural - Koreans do not respect Americans.
    Internal Communication is very limited - Koreans always find out what is happening first. Sometimes the Americans and other cultures are made aware of issues before they happen. It makes for very difficult working conditions always trying to put out fires instead of being proactive.
    The company expects employees to be available 24/7 - regardless of whether the individual is salaried or hourly. They don't want to pay for the overtime of the Salaried individuals yet expect them to work until a project is completed.
    A lot of processes are unethical yet they continue because it is easier and they believe in it.

To treat all employees fairly - regarless of Ethnicity.

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Semiconductor

Worked for Samsung Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!