San Antonio
www.sanantonio.gov San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Glad it's over.

Software Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at San Antonio

ProsIf you need a job, don't expect much in return and don't mind working in a dungeon. Some friendly co-workers.

ConsNon competitive salary for IT. Puerile rules applied across the board for all "city workers". Elderly city manager worries about city workers drinking sugary beverages while facilities are crumbling. Outdated technology. Gossipy, back-biting IT management. You have to deal with a lot of "typical government worker" types.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some IT people to run IT. These guys have no idea what they are doing.

Loved working for the City. Great benefits

Program Manager (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at San Antonio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: City has dedicated employees that accomplish a great deal. Cons: Lots of red tape for purchasing, contracting and administration Advice to Senior Management: Take employee feedback seriously Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Opportunities but at what cost

I have been working at San Antonio full-time

Pros: Move up quickly Interesting work Great benefits Public service Cons: Upper management is horrible No work/life balance Unfair treatment More

There are newer reviews on San Antonio.

Worked for San Antonio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at San Antonio reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for San Antonio CEO Sheryl Sculley. All reviews posted anonymously by San Antonio employees.