San Antonio ZOO

There are newer employer reviews for San Antonio ZOO

Inapropriate Work Load and Not Enough Staff

Current Employee - Zookeeper in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Zookeeper in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at San Antonio ZOO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The animals of course! Its great to learn about creatures you have never heard of before. My favorite appearance was learning training techniques through positive reinforcement. These techniques are useful in your everyday life when dealing with people or children. I loved the babies born and monitoring their growth.

Cons

Upper Management. They did not listen to the keepers advice. Those of us who worked closely with the animals day in & day out. It was common to put our lives and the animals live at risk, There have been avoidable deaths and sexual harassment.

Management needs to take care of the people who work for them. It is one of the lowest paying zoos in the nation.

2 Other Employee Reviews for San Antonio ZOO (View Most Recent)

Good-hearted people

Former Employee - Food Service Cashier in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Food Service Cashier in San Antonio, TX

I worked at San Antonio ZOO part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the supervisors genuinely care about their employers and the animals
    it was an easy job there's noting complicated about working a register and counting your money at the end of the day
    really relaxed and it's pretty easy to get along with everyone, they have some very loyal employees

Cons

they hire some high schoolers who act their age at work. don't get involved in their drama and work will be fine

There are newer employer reviews for San Antonio ZOO