There are newer employer reviews for San Francisco AIDS Foundation

This is a great place to work if you want to help people and make a living

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best thing about SFAF is their staff. They are unique, quirky, intelligent and easy-going. Really never met someone I didn't like when I worked there. Good pay, hours usually flexible, and my boss(s) have always been nice-reasonable.

Cons

None really to speak of. There is an ungodly amount of emails you are expected to read, but that's really not a big deal. Altogether it's a great place to work. The location does bare mentioning, this place is in the hood, which for me is no problem, but 6th street can get a bit sketchy at night.

I know it's a huge non-profit but some more contact with the executives would be nice

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Coworkers but Board likes to squeeze

Former Employee - Software Developer, Business Applications in San Francisco, CA

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent working atmosphere, people really care about what they're doing and pay is decent for a non-profit.

Cons

HQ in an unpleasant part of the City but the area is due to improve. Unfortunately, then, the main body of clients (not who you think) will be moving to another rundown area and SFAF will probably follow them there.

You really do need IT and you need more than to keep the lights on. Instead of allocating the bare minimum, you can improve ability to comply with City and State contracts by investing in adequate IT structure and staff.

2. An internal battle field

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at San Francisco AIDS Foundation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing services, wonderful and intelligent staff, cutting edge AIDS research on the ground level, great benefits, and decent salary for a nonprofit.

Cons

Sometimes overwhelming, little ability to move up, very political, little comradely between departments, and the bathroom can be awful.

Develop ways to make staff feel important and hear by upper management. Develop feedback loops. Stay mission and client driven.

There are newer employer reviews for San Francisco AIDS Foundation