San Francisco AIDS Foundation

www.sfaf.org
  www.sfaf.org
There are newer employer reviews for San Francisco AIDS Foundation

SFAF is a good place to work

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good, hard-working staff who are efficient and focused on maximum impact on community in terms of organizational mission.

Cons

A larger nonprofit organization can sometimes have challenges of keeping staff feeling connected to leadership.

8 Other Employee Reviews for San Francisco AIDS Foundation (View Most Recent)

This is a great place to work if you want to help people and make a living

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about SFAF is their staff. They are unique, quirky, intelligent and easy-going. Really never met someone I didn't like when I worked there. Good pay, hours usually flexible, and my boss(s) have always been nice-reasonable.

Cons

None really to speak of. There is an ungodly amount of emails you are expected to read, but that's really not a big deal. Altogether it's a great place to work. The location does bare mentioning, this place is in the hood, which for me is no problem, but 6th street can get a bit sketchy at night.

I know it's a huge non-profit but some more contact with the executives would be nice

Good Coworkers but Board likes to squeeze

Former Employee - Software Developer, Business Applications in San Francisco, CA

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent working atmosphere, people really care about what they're doing and pay is decent for a non-profit.

Cons

HQ in an unpleasant part of the City but the area is due to improve. Unfortunately, then, the main body of clients (not who you think) will be moving to another rundown area and SFAF will probably follow them there.

You really do need IT and you need more than to keep the lights on. Instead of allocating the bare minimum, you can improve ability to comply with City and State contracts by investing in adequate IT structure and staff.

There are newer employer reviews for San Francisco AIDS Foundation