San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency

www.sfmta.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency

Progressive Agency, But Still Bureaucratic.

Former Employee - Student Design Trainee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Student Design Trainee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of young folks, good salary, sometimes interesting work, other times lots of busywork. A good introduction to the political process.

Cons

Bureaucratic, often slow-moving, fellow employees not always motivated, sometimes difficult to get help or advice

reviews filtered by
  1. Typical Government work - but there are a few people who truly care about the outcome

I worked at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Aside from the typical public sector benefits (which are slowly disappearing), there are some people at the MTA who truly care about the city

Cons

I worked through 4 CEOs when I was there. It's hard to get behind the vision of a regime you know you are going to outlast.

2. Intelligent, hard-working, committed people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency

Pros

Work with some of the best and brightest; great benefits; strong commitment to the environment both internally and externally; chance to shine and be noticed

Cons

City system that allows people with tenure, regardless of their ability, to bring home bigger paychecks than you and does not allow you to compete without changing your job classification and testing for the classification (if testing is even available)

Stay the course. New leadership has definitely put Muni on the right track. The agency has always been a whipping boy, particularly from those who are quick to judge and really have no idea how city government works. There are unique transportation issues as well as political issues tied to funding that mandate our ability as to what we can and cannot do.