San Jose State
www.sjsu.edu San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Dynamic work environment where innovation and exploring new methods is encouraged!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA diverse work-force of all ages, situated in the heart of san jose - close to restaurants/cafes and the city's attractions. The department I worked in was a high performing and supportive team, where innovation and creativity was encouraged! I dynamic and exciting place to work for professionals passionate about supporting students in a higher education setting.

ConsLow pay compared with other Silicon Valley industries(even compared to other educational institutions like k-12 and community colleges). Within my department there was no where to advance and grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more incentives and career path-ways to keep and grow talent - not just at the leadership level, but across all areas.

it was a great experience

Student (Current Employee)

I have been working at San Jose State

Pros: it was a great environment to work in. I was given complete freedom to… Cons: the downside of this job was the problem in shift. sometimes… Advice to Senior Management: it was a great environment to work in. I was given complete freedom to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It was good to interact with fellow students and aid them in their class endeavors.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at San Jose State

Pros: It is in downtown San Jose where many local restaurants are present. There… Cons: The administration is lacking in many different ways, as many students can attest to… Advice to Senior Management: Please improve the way administration is handled such as deadlines, fees, and form… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on San Jose State.

Worked for San Jose State? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at San Jose State reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for San Jose State CEO Mohammad Qayoumi. All reviews posted anonymously by San Jose State employees.