San Jose State

www.sjsu.edu

Dynamic work environment where innovation and exploring new methods is encouraged!

Pros

A diverse work-force of all ages, situated in the heart of san jose - close to restaurants/cafes and the city's attractions. The department I worked in was a high performing and supportive team, where innovation and creativity was encouraged! I dynamic and exciting place to work for professionals passionate about supporting students in a higher education setting.

Cons

Low pay compared with other Silicon Valley industries(even compared to other educational institutions like k-12 and community colleges). Within my department there was no where to advance and grow.

Create more incentives and career path-ways to keep and grow talent - not just at the leadership level, but across all areas.

Other reviews for San Jose State

it was a great experience

Current Employee - Student
    Current Employee - Student

Pros

it was a great environment to work in. I was given complete freedom to apply my creative thoughts and execute the program. I found the environment very great

Cons

the downside of this job was the problem in shift. sometimes during exam it was difficult to manage my inflexible shift with my exams

It was good to interact with fellow students and aid them in their class endeavors.

Pros

It is in downtown San Jose where many local restaurants are present. There are many students which give a nice change of scenery compared the typical office company.

Cons

The administration is lacking in many different ways, as many students can attest to this. There does not seem to be much speed in getting things done.

Please improve the way administration is handled such as deadlines, fees, and form submissions. Processing goes by very slowly and student life is already so stressful.

There are newer employer reviews for San Jose State.

Worked for San Jose State? Contribute to the Community!