San Jose State
www.sjsu.edu San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great working with students, but management was bad

Instructional Student Assistant (Tutor) (Former Employee)

I worked at San Jose State

ProsStudents were great to work with and interested in working hard, good university to work for, nice working environment and flexible hours

ConsSince it was a small department, the leadership change made it for the worse since the good leaders left they filled it with incompetent people (noticeable change when it's a small department)

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of only having on higher person make the decision about hiring somebody, include others (that will be working under the new person) in the decision.

Great Place to learn.

I have been working at San Jose State

Pros: Great Place to work, the hard work pays of at… Cons: Students need to be less lazy and more active in… Advice to Senior Management: Hire the best Professors from around the world, make San Jose State one of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great learning experience.

Floor Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at San Jose State

Pros: San Jose State is socially and academically a great place to work at,… Cons: The campus is too overly impacted, so campus needs to… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership in San Jose State is great, but the campus needs… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on San Jose State.

Worked for San Jose State? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at San Jose State reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for San Jose State CEO Mohammad Qayoumi. All reviews posted anonymously by San Jose State employees.