San Jose State
www.sjsu.edu San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A university with vision & mission

Director of Communications (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsDecent salaries (for state work) good benefits, an improving HR team, a bright future. Most employees generally care and feel a sense of community, and many are highly motivated by a genuine passion for the mission.

ConsLike any typical state bureaucracy, there's lots of red tape, and a union environment where under-performers can hang on indefinitely

Great people; terrible beauracracy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at San Jose State full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very nice people who are committed to the university and… Cons: Bureaucracy and politics reign supreme. The AVP of Admin & Finance runs roughshod over… Advice to Senior Management: Man up and do your job! You can't always be liked… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Experience!

Graduate Intern (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at San Jose State part-time for less than a year

Pros: Equal footing as an intern! Cons: You put in what you get! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on San Jose State.

Worked for San Jose State? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at San Jose State reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for San Jose State CEO Mohammad Qayoumi. All reviews posted anonymously by San Jose State employees.