There are newer employer reviews for San Jose State

Perfect work when you are a student, but do not stay after graduating...

Current Employee - Student Assistant  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Student Assistant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at San Jose State part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being a Student Assistant has its perks. They work with your schedule, you are amongst your fellow students, and you gain knowledge about all CSU policies and forms at SJSU. You gain valuable office and administrative experience.

Cons

At times, students can be a little pushy or demanding. As a student assistant, you can only do so much when students miss deadlines or when professors are not in to speak with them. And in some offices, the department coordinators, the chair, or professors can be difficult to work with due to their stress or personalities. From a student assistant, the only growth in this position is to become an AC I not ACII which it seems more departments are looking for AC II.

129 Other Employee Reviews for San Jose State (View Most Recent)

My experience at SJSU was a positive one.

Former Employee - Teaching Associate  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Teaching Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at San Jose State part-time for more than a year

Pros

Best reasons to work here: central to Silicon Valley, get to meet a lot of people, campus constantly being updated, amazing library on campus, well organized, smooth processes in paperwork, and overall just a solid organization.

Cons

Buying my employee parking permit was difficult the first time I tried, because my paperwork didn't go through yet and I needed my pass that day.

Upper management, please be sure that you try to actually do what the websites and media say about how good SJSU is. Sometimes, reality versus what is advertised is slightly skewed.

Great school to work for.

Former Employee - Student Assistant  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Student Assistant in San Jose, CA

I worked at San Jose State part-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great company to work for, and there are a lot of very educated people working for this university.

Cons

Obviously people always want more pay, and that is true of this company as well, again my job was funded through the government, so there is not much one can do about getting a raise through your direct manager.

Great job! Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for San Jose State

Worked for San Jose State? Contribute to the Community!