San Mateo County

www.co.sanmateo.ca.us

Government Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Laid back job environment, nice people to work with, great work life balance, good benefits if you are full time

Cons

chaos in the systems lack of attention from management, incompetent employees in some areas can't be fired due to union limitations

Be more aggressive! Award the hard workers and find a way to get rid of the people who actually don't do much

Other reviews for San Mateo County

Interesting

Pros

Great benefits that are county-wide

Cons

it all depends on which department you work for. Some are terrible

I enjoyed my job very much while I worked for San Mateo County and I only left due to a move out of the area.

Pros

I enjoyed all of the staff that I worked with and though I am now retired, I still go back from time to time to visit my former co-workers.

Cons

My only complaint during my time with San Mateo County was when a person was promoted to supervise my unit, but the person was very incompetent as a supervisor and did not have any "people skills". This person eventually retired from the county within a year of her being promoted.

San Mateo County management should be concerned that people in positions as supervisors or office managers have the skills to work well with people. It makes it very difficult for clerical staff when their supervisor/office manager does not show respect for staff or appreciation for work performed.

There are newer employer reviews for San Mateo County.

Worked for San Mateo County? Contribute to the Community!