SanDisk
www.sandisk.com Milpitas, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

hierarchical big company, full of VP's who build empires, potential for huge success

Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
Milpitas, CA

I have been working at SanDisk full-time for more than a year

Proscash rich. hiring. if you keep your head down and make your manager look good, you can keep your job forever. some excellent technologists who manage to get stuff done in spite of many management levels. Huge potential for advantage in very hot market (SSD).

Consa huge, empire building, hierarchical bloated bureaucracy, with senior management who behaves as though they can treat employees however they like. May fail to capitalize on huge advantages because the empires can't work together. Hugely difficult to advance from within; management controls by refusing promotion without outside job offers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop listening only to old guard; look for problems and fix them by removing management, not employees

Company review

Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at SanDisk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The company is in a great market space and has talented and friendly people to work with. The… Cons: In spite of the great market space the company is positioned in, the management does not… Advice to Senior Management: Do not flounder the opportunity and focus on things you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company for Great people

Engineering Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at SanDisk full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good compensation. Work very independently. Nobody will tell you how… Cons: No training. Archaic work methods. Constant reorgs and reshuffling. Extremely political. Almost any activity is spread across 3 continents. No long-term vision. This is a… Advice to Senior Management: I would advice the BoD to replace management with brilliant managers who have varied experience. You judge brilliance at an interview, not by resume… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SanDisk.

Worked for SanDisk? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SanDisk reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SanDisk CEO Sanjay Mehrotra. All reviews posted anonymously by SanDisk employees.