There are newer employer reviews for SanDisk

Too Dynamic to be comfortable

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at SanDisk full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work culture
You can quickly grow if you can work hard
Very good exposure to latest technology
A lot of internal politics have been reduced considerably
Great CEO and executive team - Great values
Great direct managers

Cons

Many changes and each change takes a lot of time to settle down. Employees would miss direction in this period

Keep changes to minimum

231 Other Employee Reviews for SanDisk (View Most Recent)

Good company

I worked at SanDisk

Pros

When I was there, the company was growing and clearly there was foresight into the markets and thus the direction the company was going to lead in.

Cons

Not necessarily a bad thing, but I needed to know some information about network design in order to architect things properly for my project and I was denied access to the information for "security reasons." It took some time going through the proper channels, but eventually was able to get enough of a view to complete my project. From a managerial point of view the policy was a good policy, but it cost a lot of time and money when it was a legitimate request.

Keep leading in the industry and value the team you have!

Great company, tons of upside and continued growth

I have been working at SanDisk full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people, the culture, the people. Brilliant minds and unlike other larger companies, you don't get lost in the crowd...executive visibility into what you do happens all the time. Pushed to be greater than before and given a great deal of autonomy to challenge the status quo. No two days are ever the same which is good, as well as the employee activities; both on-site and off-site events help ensure we work hard & play hard.

Cons

Can sometimes run lean but it challenges employees to try things outside of their normal scope of work.

Keep caring about employees and showing that vested interest in the overall well-being of the work force...really shows and makes a difference :)

There are newer employer reviews for SanDisk