Too Dynamic to be comfortable

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at SanDisk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work culture You can quickly grow if you can work hard Very good exposure to latest technology A lot of internal politics have been reduced considerably Great CEO and executive team - Great values Great direct managers

Cons

Many changes and each change takes a lot of time to settle down. Employees would miss direction in this period

Advice to Management

Keep changes to minimum

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company

I worked at SanDisk

Pros

When I was there, the company was growing and clearly there was foresight into the markets and thus the direction the company was going to lead in.

Cons

Not necessarily a bad thing, but I needed to know some information about network design in order to architect things properly for my project and I was denied access to the information for "security reasons." It took some time going through the proper channels, but eventually was able to get enough of a view to complete my project. From a managerial point of view the policy was a good policy, but it cost a lot of time and money when it was a legitimate request.

Advice to Management

Keep leading in the industry and value the team you have!

Awesome working at SanDisk, but not so in SanDisk IT dept

Current Employee - Manager in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at SanDisk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ok, Pay, great work environment, good campus

Cons

SanDisk IT is based on one person's view, who is an "AS" CIO Ravi Naik, he has his stinking Indian team, no one gets good hike, stocks or promotions. He robs other's money by allocating all the options to himself and his close friends. You have to suck up to him to get good rating.

Advice to Management

High time to look in to IT Dept, the current CIO has build his empire and is very mean to other's who are not in his circle. There are so many hardworking employees who deserve much better reviews than the one's who are close to CIO.