There are newer employer reviews for SanMar

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Program Manager in Preston, WA
Former Employee - Program Manager in Preston, WA

I worked at SanMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-goo work life balance -interesting business -privately owned and the management knows their business and what they want to do -market leader -management listens to employees and lets them get the job done

Cons

-The core software technology is dated -The business is very much a warehouse culture so hours are tightly expected to be adhered to, i.e. it isn't very flexible if you want to come in late and work late.

Advice to Management

-keep up the good work

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

SanMar cares for the community and it's employees. It's IT dept has some quirks but is headed in the right direction.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Issaquah, WA

I worked at SanMar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As the title says, SanMar cares. I mean truly cares. As you read past and present employee's criticisms and praise, I encourage you to keep in mind; every employee's experience at any company is influenced by a bazillion^2 different factors. While I do feel sympathy for those in the IT department that have become disillusioned and even share some of their frustrations, my 5 years at SanMar were amazing. SanMar enabled me to progress from a Black-box software tester to Automation Engineer to Software Developer, to being ready to take the start-up jump. If you are internally drivin, the sky is the limit at SanMar.

Cons

1. SanMar is so good at what they do, customers have to actually apply to give them money. While that is obviously a good thing, it leads to a ton of downstream inefficiency.

Advice to Management

I feel the new management is doing everything they can with what they have. They are implementing policies and taking action to help steer the ship in the right direction. My only advice would be to invest more in mobile ASAP.

2. An informative way to get work done, but the need in having to be secretive in the ways to do it at times.

Current Employee - Warehouse Man G/W in Sparks, NV
    Current Employee - Warehouse Man G/W in Sparks, NV

I have been working at SanMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, helpful staff, many thoughtful people in your needs in order to get your work or task done.

Cons

No open mindedness, a ex lead in maintenance, whom goes to far in all fields of the company, and boasts when he/she gets caught by this ex lead. & When you help in the training or a simple showing of a specific job but not going into details, so this way your not going over any training boundaries for the actual trainer, could put you into a slight jeopardy phase. Taking action is what they preach , but if or when you do, DON'T GET CAUGHT!! It's the real meaning for the old saying... "No good deed goes unpunished."No info to these managers, etc.. is good info..

Advice to Management

Lighten up, i'm not saying to let people do what ever, but if there is something of a small condition which does not hurt or concise anybody's position, but actually helps. and it is from an employee whom is found to be a trustworthy and knowledgeable worker... it should be addressed as a Thank you, and we'll get it from here. What ever happened to the No harm, no foul rule.?? And STOP changing the way things are done, when it works and works well. It seems that some of you have forgotten, every one has there way of doing there duties, as long as the safety protocol is in place. What the hell is the harm. Thank You..