Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

www.sandestin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Good For A Summer Job

I have been working at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Pros

Fun coworkers. Decent money for a college job.

Cons

Too many complaints from guest.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Employment Manager in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Employment Manager in Destin, FL

I have been working at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many reasons of why I love to work for Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort but one of the main reasons is the amazing staff that we have. This is our home away from home and everyone works as a Team to get the job done!

Cons

I have no Cons! This truly is a great place to work and we live in Paradise!

Thank you for all you do!

F/T jobs are actually Seasonal positions, but staff won't know until September/Labor Day annually!

Former Employee - Sales Support Coordinator-Club Intrawest in Miramar Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Support Coordinator-Club Intrawest in Miramar Beach, FL

I worked at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sandestin Resort is a well-landscaped and beautiful location to work. Although pay levels for the privilege of working there are fairly low, employee discounts to on-site recreation/shops/restaurants were a nice perk.

We had a great original start-up team and excellent training from Club Intrawest corporate in Canada. Great team-building activities & events. However, after 3 months, they started cutting out the lower-performing vacation sales reps, followed by eliminating the Sales Director, & then several support staff regardless of their dedication, hard work, & unpaid overtime hours.

Cons

I had a negative co-worker who targeted my position as the one she wanted that was extremely rude & unprofessional about generating negative gossip. Higher ups aware of this didn't address the issue because her salaried position required lots of evening/weekend O/T. Eventually the Club Intrawest politics forced me to move on.

Look more deeply for solutions other than firing well-liked staff members that work hard. In addition to the "complimentary comments on fellow staff" box, do a management survey amongst your workers "in the pit".

***Don't be shocked that visitors to Florida actually prefer to buy on-going vacation weeks on the BEACH side of HWY 98! Sandestin Resort is better suited to long-term residential leasing and residential real estate purchases.

There are newer employer reviews for Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort