There are newer employer reviews for Sandia

Sandia National Labs is a great place to work if you want fun projects, solid funding, and below average pay.

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff - RFIC Design Engineer in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Sandia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work is technically challenging, the atmosphere is respective, very unique problems to work on, exceptional people (honest, hardworking, competent, intelligent).

Cons

All employees are treated equally whether they work hard or not. Pay is low for the level of technical work our engineers accomplish.

Higher the best and brightest then hang on to them by compensating them well. We are treated well and respected by our management but being more frugal on capital equipment and more generous to the employees would help a great deal.

190 Other Employee Reviews for Sandia (View Most Recent)

Incredibly slow pace; scientific innovation non-existent

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Sandia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

9/80 work-life schedule promotes life outside of work, but many people take advantage of this and just use it to take a 3-day weekend

Cons

Incredibly bad bureaucracy. Nonsense engineering projects are the norm. Basic science projects get shoved to the backburner or just not funded at all.

Hard working folks, very difficult bureaucracy and overall stagnation

Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Sandia (more than an year)

Pros

A variety of opportunities. You can have several careers within the same organization. Excellent job stability.

Cons

Typical "don't rock the boat" government mentality. Onerous safety reviews, analysis paralysis to the point of dysfunction. Innovation hampered by field leveling "spread the money around" practices.

There are newer employer reviews for Sandia