Sandia

There are newer employer reviews for Sandia

Just Ok

Former Employee - Clerical Support in Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Clerical Support in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Sandia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are ok. If you enjoy working with Type A personalities

Cons

Benefits could be better
Raises are not performance based
Some positions are union

195 Other Employee Reviews for Sandia (View Most Recent)

Business Intern - Overworked and constant negative feedback

Current Employee - Year Round Business Intern in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Year Round Business Intern in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Sandia as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Looks good on a resume
    Pays decently

Cons

-Interns were very overworked and expected to produce the same workload as full time employees even though most interns also were full time college students.
    -The hierarchy within organizations caused a lot of drama and communication problems.
    -Interns were not trained well on what was expected of them and constantly felt as though we had to guess on how we should produce our work.
    -Managers and bosses would often not like the work you have given them, but only tell you so after your project was done, rather than giving you guidelines during your project. Negative feedback was often all thrown on you at all once, and it was very overwhelming and discouraging.
    -This job was a very high stress job with little reward for what you did. Just about all the interns in my organization as well as some full time employees felt this way.
    -It was a regular for interns and employees to be pushed the point of breaking down during work and crying.

I eventually quit because I couldn't handle the stress and unhappiness from the job. I don't regret quitting at all.

Learn to treat your employees and interns with respect and properly train interns.
    Understand the difference between full time employees and interns, knowing that part time interns who are also attending college cannot possibly produce the same workload as full time employees.

Fantastic Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Sandia full-time

Pros

Contribution to National security mission. Great technical work. Good work/life balance. High level of job stability despite year-to-year budget uncertainty.

Cons

Uncertainty of budget year-to-year. Too much oversight from DOE/NNSA. Difficult to terminate low performance employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Sandia