Sandia
www.sandia.gov Albuquerque, NM 5000+ Employees

Best place I ever worked!

I have been working at Sandia full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe diversity of people and variety of job assignments. I have never been bored. Previously, I changed jobs every couple of years, but I've found this place interesting/stimulating enough to stay 20! I've been able to be the master of my own career here. The benefits are quite good. I have had a couple of great mentors.

ConsConstraints of working for a government contractor - many regulations and requirements, which can hinder risk-taking and innovation. It's possible to be a change agent - it just takes patience and persistence.

Research laboratory that has a lot to offer, with some significant drawbacks

Intern (Former Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Sandia full-time for less than a year

Pros: Everyone at Sandia is smart. Everyone. People here are passionate and love to come to work. The projects at Sandia make a difference, and the… Cons: There are significant drawbacks to working here: security clearance and salary. A lot of hires will need to obtain a security clearance, which is more… Advice to Senior Management: Drop the requirement that members of the technical staff possess a master's degree to work here. Raise pay closer to industry levels. Although the people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Reputation not deserved, mediocre work and poor management

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sandia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good name to put on your resume, or get an internship at. Benefits competitive with industry and so is… Cons: The compensation does not keep up with the industry, you can expect a consistent 2.5%ish raise each year unless you are highly ranked. Salary… Advice to Senior Management: Make the total comp system more transparent to employees, fix the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sandia.

Worked for Sandia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sandia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sandia CEO Paul Hommert. All reviews posted anonymously by Sandia employees.