Working at Sandia for over a decade has been a rollercoaster ride, has definitely had its ups and downs.

Current Employee - Group Trades I  in  Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Group Trades I in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Sandia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are many projects one can work on, so the work can be varied if you are willing to move from department to department.

Cons

Rewards are few and far between and there has been a steady decline in benefits over my years there. The technologists and other technical staff have gotten raises of less than 1% over the last 4 years and the health plan deductibles have become unaffordable for the rank and file employees who do most of the work.

Make Sandia Labs a desirable place to work again, by rewarding the employees with the wages and benefits they deserve so that you can attract the best people and keep them.

Other Reviews for Sandia

Great Work-Life Balance- OK everything else

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Sandia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, Overtime banks to vacation, Generally Good lower management, Lots of mobility within Sandia.

Cons

Declining benefits and horrible raises. No real bonus structure if you go above and beyond. Senior management useless.

Stop trying to implement business models that failed in industry a decade ago

Started off great, gradually got worse due to budget cuts that led to backstabbing.

Former Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Sandia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Had great benefits when I started in 1985. Most were whittled away over the course of my 22 years there.
    Had lots of flexibility with the freedom and resources to do good work when I first started. This became more limited and constrained over the years due to budget cuts.

Cons

Constant budget cuts caused employees to compete with one another over the same funding dollars.

You have ideals of honesty and integrity; try living up to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Sandia.

Worked for Sandia? Contribute to the Community!