Sandia
www.sandia.gov Albuquerque, NM 5000+ Employees

Good place to work

Principal Technologist (Former Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Sandia

ProsA lot of smart folks working at Sandia. I was lucky to work with a great staff member who was very strong technically, and open to teaching me this technical info. There are a lot of opportunies, especially for technologist, once you get in at Sandia.

ConsSome folks tend to "milk" the system. Also, there are folks who get promoted since they've been at Sandia for a long time, and they don't deserve the position/title based on their technical contriubtions/abilities. These folks tend to whine a lot...as the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to have a backbone.

Excellent place for a Post-Doc

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Sandia

Pros: Excellent compensation Great facilities Reasonable work hour expectations Cons: Difficult to get hired on as a permanent staff member Advice to Senior Management: Management should make a greater effort to know and become… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place for postdocs

Livermore, CA

I have been working at Sandia

Pros: Compared to other post doc jobs, Sandia National Laboratories in… Cons: The push and opportunity to publish is less than in an… Advice to Senior Management: The Livermore Valley Open Campus (LVOC) has great promise and potential… More

There are newer reviews on Sandia.

Worked for Sandia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sandia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sandia CEO Paul Hommert. All reviews posted anonymously by Sandia employees.