Sandvine
www.sandvine.com Waterloo, Canada 500 to 999 Employees

Great place to work, great place to prove yourself and succeed!

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee)
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Sandvine full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany Motto: "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Let's talk about the "Play Hard":

There are regular social events globally within the company at HQ, and as well within individual teams and groups (for the most part). Some teams have participated in fun team outtings including: learn-to-play Cricket, Ultimate Frisbee, Rock Climbing, Paintball, Dodgeball, the list goes on! Company-wide (per location) events are generous to their employees in beverages and food.

Other fun events include: ice-cream truck on-site, lunch BBQ events, monthly social, monthly "Birthday & Anniversary" snacks, annual PC-gaming LAN party.

On-site includes free beverages (pop, coffee, hot chocolate), ping-ping, foosball, PS3, & beer!

Let's talk about the "Work Hard":

If you're a work-aholic, you'll absolutely fit in at Sandvine. Everyone is doing what it takes to make the company successful. Sandvine strives to find intelligent, ingenuitive, and hard working employees.

Project work has high demand on throughput and task deadlines/commitments.

Think you've got what it takes? Prove it! Apply for a position at Sandvine and show off your skills and create your own successes.

ConsThe "Work Hard" mentallity, if unmanaged will cause employee burnout. Employees and management need to constantly self-evaluate themselves and their staff to know when they need a break. Don't be deterred though; a good balance can be achieved simply by communicating with your manager!

Business and market changes can cause churn in project work. Be prepared to showcase flexibility and adapt to the changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees when they go above and beyond. Don't let consistent over-achievers go un-noticed.

A good company for professional growth, learning.

Technical Writer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Sandvine full-time for less than a year

Pros: - good salary - growth - learning experience - flexibilty Cons: Not anything that i felt was a con. – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Work hard; play hard.

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Sandvine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great work environment. Spacious cubicals. Competitive salary. Complete benefits packages. Regular company social events. Year after year ranked one of Canada's best places to work.… Cons: Not many know who Sandvine is and what they do. We may be the most popular company in our niche market, but I always fear… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sandvine.

Worked for Sandvine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sandvine reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sandvine CEO Dave Caputo. All reviews posted anonymously by Sandvine employees.