Sanford C. Bernstein

Great place to work

Former Employee - Private Client Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Private Client Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Sanford C. Bernstein

Pros

People are amazingly helpful and very willing to train you. There is a great sense of community there and you can make genuine friends within the workplace.

Cons

Limited paths of growth, and if you are not interested in following those specific paths this may not be the place for you. Not much interaction between teams professionally.

Keep it up!

11 Other Employee Reviews for Sanford C. Bernstein (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Learning & Growth Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Sanford C. Bernstein

Pros

Wonderful employee collaboration and professionalism. All people were a joy to work with and the atmosphere was fast-paced and interesting. I truly enjoyed working with a company that took great pride in its product (equity research) and was very serious about continuing its highly regarded reputation.

Cons

Slight feeling of hierarchy, but I think that is necessary in a business setting. Sales associates travel quite a bit.

The leadership are a joy to work with because they place great importance upon the idea of "mutual respect." I wanted to work better/ harder for my supervisors not only because I respected them, but also because they showed me respect as well.

Great place to learn.

Current Employee - Private Client Associate  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Private Client Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sanford C. Bernstein

Pros

Great place learn. Exposure into high net worth asset management. Bernstein's private client business is top notch. They have some of the most advanced research tools and capabilities in the country. As a private client associate you have the opportunity to use these research tools and the opportunity work directly with clients. The "Financial Advisor" does most of the selling and decision making, but you're part of it.

Cons

Feels like you have to relocate for advancement. Most of the regional offices are small and you may have to wait a long time for promotional opportunities unless you move.

More robust professional development. Being a private client associate is not a career path.

There are newer employer reviews for Sanford C. Bernstein

Worked for Sanford C. Bernstein? Contribute to the Community!