There are newer employer reviews for Sanford Health

Went downhill after "The Gift"

Former Employee - HME  in  Sioux Falls, SD
Former Employee - HME in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Sanford Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you worked at the Main Campus or if you have half the alphabet at the end of your name, life was pretty good. I guess the drug rep lunches we got were okay. I had a good group of co-workers.

Cons

Where do I begin? First off, management who got their positions because of the aforementioned half the alphabet at the end of their names who had no clue of management or leadership. Raises were pathetic, especially after hearing this or that announcement about their most recent expansion. Getting time off was like pulling teeth - I left with 210 hours of PTO, nice check but would have liked to taken more of it. In my area there was absolutely zero opportunity for advancement. Also, a lot of backstabbing and gossip to put up with. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

Quit worrying so much about putting the Sanford logo on every athletic venue in the area and start paying attention to your employees. Beyond that, I think the resignation of about 15 or 20 senior executives would be helpful. Recognize that people without any alphabet at the end of their names are also worthy team members.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Sanford Health (View Most Recent)

Had hoped they had improved since 2010...

Former Employee - TMA/HALT  in  Worthington, MN
    Former Employee - TMA/HALT in Worthington, MN

I worked at Sanford Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

good experience, loved patients and families

Cons

Management was TERRIBLE - actually illegal - discussed employee private info with other employees, threatened and made fun of some employees, and encouraged staff-splitting.

Pay attention to what is going on in outlying facilities - 100% turnover rate should send a message.

The best healthcare

Current Employee - Fellow  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Fellow in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Sanford Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

patient care comes first. good environment. dedicated staff

Cons

Sanford really should expand to warmer areas. Otherwise there are no really cons.

There are newer employer reviews for Sanford Health

Worked for Sanford Health? Contribute to the Community!