Culture Under Construction

Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sanofi-Aventis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k match is at 150% of your first 6% Local field is somewhat empowered to make local decisions Field leadership currently looking to build morale

Cons

Major recent lay offs have led to a sense of insecurity Salaries and Bonuses for sales have not kept up with the industry Recently sanofi discontinued their pension plan

Advice to Management

none

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Aventis was fine until Sanofi

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Sanofi-Aventis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay Good benefits Nice fitness center Cafeteria on-site

Cons

No appreciation given for extremely high pressure job Bonuses were not sufficient with work load Managers do not give associates any respect Associates were bad mouthed in meetings behind their back

Advice to Management

Start treating the associates like they are valuable and it will go a long way

2. sanofi chose the wrong people to manage and it is hurting the company and employees now.

Current Employee - Regulatory Specialist in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Regulatory Specialist in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Sanofi-Aventis

Pros

There was very clear performance feedback regularly and you always knew where you stood. The company really tried to get each group to know each other and it was effective, many of my former co-workers and I are still in touch. The benefits package was generous, good health insurance, 401K match and vacation time.

Cons

There was no communication of company or group changes, I would hear of changes from outside my department before my management ever told me. There was not much work-life balance, no work at home even on snow days. There was a big disparity in work distribution. Those who could perform were given the work that the under-performers weren't doing.

Advice to Management

The corporate policies are good but as the yearly survey showed people were not happy with their management. Sanofi's managers were below the standard and had no incentive for managing their employees well. This should be weighted more in the yearly reviews.