There are newer employer reviews for Sanofi-Aventis

Not a place I'd recommend for high level networking professionals (task master shop)

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineering Manager in Bridgewater, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Network Engineering Manager in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

Benefits are better than average companies Located in a good area close to highways There's a 20 word minimum but I'm unable to list anything else so they can count these words.

Cons

French based company with little say in architecture and design High level engineers ordering circuits and performing low level tasks Management wants task master engineers to deploy architecture and design based on French direction.

Advice to Management

Managers should manage and not attempt to be architects since they lack the expertise and background knowledge. Lack of fundamental design concepts deployed by senior management.

Other Employee Reviews for Sanofi-Aventis

1. It was a comfortable position at a great company, however there was minimal mobility, so I left.

Former Employee - IT Asset Management Project Manager in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - IT Asset Management Project Manager in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

French style work atmosphere, you work at your own pace as long as you get the job done. Excellent benefits and perks. The campus was wonderful: great gym, excellent cafeteria, well designed, no parking issues ever. Projects were exciting and I enjoyed working on them. The pay was higher than most companies.

Cons

They don't offer a lot of incentives to take classes or develop your skills within the company. This is perhaps why mobility within the company is soo limited. People are often promoted just based on default reasons, rather than actual skills. As a result you had a lot of very under-qualified people in high level positions, while some of the best and brightest worked as contractors. My boss was an excellent manager, however some of the other managers we worked with were unbelievably incompetent. Not to downplay someone who doesn't have a college education, however I noticed a large percentage of people in very respectable positions didn't even graduate college. Also, its a decentralized company, which is good in some ways, however it prevents the employee from gaining important skills relevant towards the changing global market place. The future of the pharmaceutical industry is in specific emerging economies, I would have really preferred to gain some relevant experience in dealing with these countries.

Advice to Management

Encourage ways to develop useful skills within the company and inspire hope for mobility. Management was very aware that I had maxed out my potential at my original position, however they didn't pursue expanding my role or developing my skills. (this wasn't my manager's fault, but rather his manager's fault) When I left, i was 25, had a Masters in International Business, and was trilingual (and one of the few employees that actually spoke French despite being a French company). I felt that I could have done a lot more and really blossomed. I wasn't looking for a pay raise or even a new job title, all I wanted was to be able to continue to progress and develop my skills. Because they didn't offer any potential there, I had to leave.

2. Working

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

Energetic company that encourages employees

Cons

Interdepartmental competition and conflict can create barrier to goal completion

Advice to Management

None