There are newer employer reviews for Sanofi U.S.

Executive Sales Representative

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative
Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I worked at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Worked for organization 24 years. Excellent pay and benefits, among the best in the industry.

Cons

Merger between sanofi and Aventis was major downfall. Aventis was sales driven and people were rewarded for going out and getting the business. After merger people were rated on bell curve on set of "metrics", of which only a small part dealt with sales accomplishments. Poor pipeline and layoffs constantly hang over heads of employees.

Put back the emphasis on sales, and remove emphasis on metrics (reach and frequency, etc).

195 Other Employee Reviews for Sanofi U.S. (View Most Recent)

Frustrating but lucrative

Former Employee - Senior Executive Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Senior Executive Sales Representative

I worked at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are great with a tremendous match program for their 401k, good health and dental programs - although they have gotten expensive in the last few years - and a decent company car with options for somewhat upgraded vehicles in areas with a lot of snow. The rewards can be very positive if you focus on your job duties and go out every day and just do your job!

Cons

The biggest con with SA (and the pharma industry in general) is that it used to be less restrictive to work. Access, managed care and an overwhelmingly ponderous reliance on 'metrics' based an often faulty data all get in the way of the one thing that was always fun about this industry - actually speaking with and making an impact on health care providers. We used to have 'sales' goals, set in advance and in dollars or percentage increases, and now we have 'call averages' and an assortment of additional measurement tools to evaluate performance but we have NO ability to impact the faulty data that goes into the makeup of our individual territories.

We used to have upper management that came up through the field sales operations side of the business and would listen to representatives and their feedback. We no longer have that. Since no one will listen, I have nothing to advise.

It's an excellent company to work for with great benefits.

Former Employee - Drug Safety Associate/Specialist in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Drug Safety Associate/Specialist in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have nothing negative to say about the company

Cons

It gets busy like most Drug Safety Depts, otherwise everything was fine.

I never had much contact with upper management, except my Director and Dept. VP - and they both were excellent leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for Sanofi U.S.