Executive Sales Professional

Former Employee - Executive Sales Professional
Former Employee - Executive Sales Professional

I worked at Sanofi US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits throughout the company

Cons

limited to no opportunity to advance

Advice to Management

I received my graduate degree through the company and after several attempts to give back and advance my career little opportunity existed. It was likely obvious considering most of the managers in district management roles did not have degrees nor did they seem to have much opportunity to advance. This bottleneck in talent management is creating a brain drain within the company and you thus will likely be stuck with those how have little opportunity outside of company. All the best I hope ultimately charge your organization with consultative services at much higher bill rates.

Other Employee Reviews for Sanofi US

1. Frustrating but lucrative

Former Employee - Senior Executive Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Senior Executive Sales Representative

I worked at Sanofi US full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are great with a tremendous match program for their 401k, good health and dental programs - although they have gotten expensive in the last few years - and a decent company car with options for somewhat upgraded vehicles in areas with a lot of snow. The rewards can be very positive if you focus on your job duties and go out every day and just do your job!

Cons

The biggest con with SA (and the pharma industry in general) is that it used to be less restrictive to work. Access, managed care and an overwhelmingly ponderous reliance on 'metrics' based an often faulty data all get in the way of the one thing that was always fun about this industry - actually speaking with and making an impact on health care providers. We used to have 'sales' goals, set in advance and in dollars or percentage increases, and now we have 'call averages' and an assortment of additional measurement tools to evaluate performance but we have NO ability to impact the faulty data that goes into the makeup of our individual territories.

Advice to Management

We used to have upper management that came up through the field sales operations side of the business and would listen to representatives and their feedback. We no longer have that. Since no one will listen, I have nothing to advise.

2. It's an excellent company to work for with great benefits.

Former Employee - Drug Safety Associate/Specialist in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Drug Safety Associate/Specialist in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Sanofi US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have nothing negative to say about the company

Cons

It gets busy like most Drug Safety Depts, otherwise everything was fine.

Advice to Management

I never had much contact with upper management, except my Director and Dept. VP - and they both were excellent leaders.