There are newer employer reviews for Santa Barbara City College

A nice place to work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Santa Barbara City College

Pros

Great benefits, pretty good salary, a beautiful location, right across the street from the beach in Santa Barbara. The student body is also interesting and it's a stimulating environment to work in.

Cons

Because staff members can get permanency after a year there is sometimes a level of complacency with staff members who have been there for decades and seem to have lost motivation.

It would be nice if there were more collaboration and knowledge sharing between departments across campus, both on the academic and administrative side.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Santa Barbara City College (View Most Recent)

It is good.

I have been working at Santa Barbara City College part-time

Pros

The boss is nice. I have discount for meals.

Cons

salary is too little. I need more money.

Great start towards the beginning of your goal if you're a student trying to attend a 4-year university.

Former Employee - Environmental Studies Tutor in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Environmental Studies Tutor in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Santa Barbara City College part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are a student and working at the college, you get to stay on campus and are able to go to the library after work, to finish homework or study.

Cons

For me there were none. IF students didn't show up to your tutorials, it gave you time to work on your classes while still getting paid.

Keep hiring students who are willing to work and goto school, they get to exercise their brains still while at work. The professor I tutored for made sure I attended every lecture he gave so I was up-to-date with where the class was at.

There are newer employer reviews for Santa Barbara City College