Great part-time student job

Former Employee - Lifeguard  in  Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Lifeguard in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Santa Clara University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, great weather (aside from winter quarter), fun staff, and solid hourly pay. You can also get a lot of studying and homework done during shifts, which is a nice perk for students. This is an ideal on-campus job for students looking to make good money in a stress-free environment!

Cons

The opening shift can be brutal thanks to the undesirable task of removing tarps from the pool. Winter gets awfully cold, but that's honestly the only downside to the job.

Other Reviews for Santa Clara University

Not quite the same warm & fuzzy place it was when I first started

Current Employee - Finance Professional  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Professional in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Santa Clara University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* Generally, most staff/faculty are very nice and approachable.
    * It is small enough that you can be on a first name basis with a lot of people in different departments.
    * Good work/life balance.

Cons

* Pay is low
    * Career growth/pay growth is non existent.
    * Tend to hire from outside than give opportunities to staff within.

You need to give staff some sort of career path. To always hire outside is incredibly discouraging. Also, they need to get away from hiring these controlling middle aged women managers who have no lives and who make their employees lives miserable.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Information Specialist  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Information Specialist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Santa Clara University full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the staff here are really friendly. It's amazing that some have worked here for 20+ years. It just goes to show that this is a great place to work at. There are special committees for everything if you want to get more involved. It's also a place where you can leave all your work at work and not have to worry about anything when you get home. I wouldn't say it's a stress free place to work, but the benefits of working here greatly outnumber the cons. Plus, free tuition for staff and their dependents!

Cons

While working with some of the students, I feel that they feel that they are privileged because they attend SCU and demand special attention. I also don't feel that there is a lot of diversity on campus but it seems to be getting better.

There are newer employer reviews for Santa Clara University.

Worked for Santa Clara University? Contribute to the Community!