Good experience; solid company

I worked at Santa Cruz Biotechnology full-time

Pros

I've had great experiences at this company. I have learned a lot and developed new skills to help me grow in my career. It's a friendly and relaxed environment, yet professional. If you look for opportunities to take on new projects, you will find them. Some interesting work is being done in these projects. Very stable company that has not scaled back or taken away benefits or perks even during the recession.

Cons

Other employees that slack and then complain they don't have anything new to do. Pay freeze is not the best, but understandable given the down global economy. I believe it is a temporary thing because that was not at all how it was at before the recession hit.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop new projects and opportunities for employees to take on. Maybe deal more directly with those that don't have a good work ethic.

Other Employee Reviews for Santa Cruz Biotechnology

Unethical company that makes poor quality products

I worked at Santa Cruz Biotechnology full-time

Pros

You can take unpaid time off. SCBT is located near the ocean so you can take surf break for lunch. Easy to get hired here straight out of college.

Cons

Unprofessional workforce. It's pretty much like high school since most employees are in their 20s and immature. Lack of opportunity for career development. SCBT also mistreats the animals used for their antibody development.

Advice to Management

Don't sell products that haven't been QCed.

2. a good place to build your resume

Former Employee - Technical Service Representative in Santa Cruz, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Service Representative in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at Santa Cruz Biotechnology full-time

Pros

- the majority of the people are nice to work with and like each other - experience looks good on the resume - location - health, dental and vision coverage + 401k (full time employees) - easy to get time off

Cons

- company has a terrible reputation - generally poor quality products, which translates into high volume of complaint calls - general feeling of apathy among employees --> production and product information errors - animal abuse allegations are not a good look - little growth opportunity - poor pay and no raises (very little exception) - CEO does not respect employees