Santander Consumer USA

www.santanderconsumerusa.com
  www.santanderconsumerusa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Santander Consumer USA

Great place to gain knowledge and experience but to maximize salary one must go outside of company.

Former Employee - IT-IT in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - IT-IT in Dallas, TX

I worked at Santander Consumer USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Entry level talent has opportunity to gain knowledge and skills without being held accountable for lack of experience.

Cons

Growing rapidly which isn't bad but without clear vision sometimes things are implemented on the fly without viewing all aspects of project.

102 Other Employee Reviews for Santander Consumer USA (View Most Recent)

Lots of things are only told to you *after* you start the job - beware !!!!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Most folks there are pretty easy to get along with, work hard, and are largely pretty competent at their jobs. There is a high degree of efficiency in getting things done, and frustrations and beaurocracy is the lowest I've had in a long career.

Cons

Wow. Couple of big, ugly surprises. They tell you you will get two weeks vacation. WRONG. You discover after you start you acrue nothing for the first 3 months. That equates to 8 days vacation your first year. THERE ARE NO MERIT INCREASES. EVER. The only way to get a pay increase is to get a promotion. That creates a sharklike environment as everyone tries to get promotions for tiny increases in pay. The work environment is terrible - noisy, microscopic cubicles and no common areas to every get away to just for a break. Just a couple of tiny, dingy break rooms. Lastly - if you are an hourly employee and are late for work, they doc you BY THE MINUTE PTO time for your lateness. I'm not an hourly employee, but I was saddened to see how abusive management is of people that are actually good, hard working people.

I've had many in management describe the work environment as Draconian. I agree - So many things are kept from you that are far from 'normal' for a profitable corporation. It makes senior management look greedy and uncaring - and it seems to be a common opinion. It makes me sad that I took a job I had so much hope for - and, knowing I will never get a raise, I won't be there for more than a year (and, I'm sure you don't care; based on what everyone there says). The saddest place I have ever worked.

Growing company with growin pains

Current Employee - Project Manager IV in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager IV in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company is stable and is growing.

Cons

HR department is clueless and over their heads. The benefits, salary, merit increases are not industry standard.

Bring in an HR consultant to overhaul everything.

There are newer employer reviews for Santander Consumer USA