There are newer employer reviews for Santander Consumer USA

A great place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Data Developer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Data Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities that will help you grow within the company

Cons

Fast moving environment with on the fly deployments and changes

reviews filtered by

Worst place I've ever worked

I worked at Santander Consumer USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code; no other pros.

Cons

Management, HR, work/life balance, employee attitudes and morale, etc were all terrible. Sexism was rife, the office was dirty and cold, it was incredibly noisy, the location was awful, the pay was terrible, and the job description was pure fiction.

Change EVERYTHING, starting with your incompetent middle management.

Lots of things are only told to you *after* you start the job - beware !!!!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most folks there are pretty easy to get along with, work hard, and are largely pretty competent at their jobs. There is a high degree of efficiency in getting things done, and frustrations and beaurocracy is the lowest I've had in a long career.

Cons

Wow. Couple of big, ugly surprises. They tell you you will get two weeks vacation. WRONG. You discover after you start you acrue nothing for the first 3 months. That equates to 8 days vacation your first year. THERE ARE NO MERIT INCREASES. EVER. The only way to get a pay increase is to get a promotion. That creates a sharklike environment as everyone tries to get promotions for tiny increases in pay. The work environment is terrible - noisy, microscopic cubicles and no common areas to every get away to just for a break. Just a couple of tiny, dingy break rooms. Lastly - if you are an hourly employee and are late for work, they doc you BY THE MINUTE PTO time for your lateness. I'm not an hourly employee, but I was saddened to see how abusive management is of people that are actually good, hard working people.

I've had many in management describe the work environment as Draconian. I agree - So many things are kept from you that are far from 'normal' for a profitable corporation. It makes senior management look greedy and uncaring - and it seems to be a common opinion. It makes me sad that I took a job I had so much hope for - and, knowing I will never get a raise, I won't be there for more than a year (and, I'm sure you don't care; based on what everyone there says). The saddest place I have ever worked.

There are newer employer reviews for Santander Consumer USA