There are newer employer reviews for Sapient

It is a fantastic company to work for, but nature of industry means work life balance is shot

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Business Consulting in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Manager, Business Consulting in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sapient

Pros

- Company values and culture. Management truly promote and recognize people for upholding company values and they are not just words.
- Management respect the employees and value talent. Outstanding performance is always recognised.
- Bonus schemes are equitable
- Good opportunities to grow as well as work in different areas as part of your growth targets. Feedback is encouraged, though in practice on busy teams, this may not always work.

Cons

- Work life balance is poor, although this seems to be the general trend in the technology industry with a 24*7 work cycle.
- If you are manager or above forget you can enjoy holidays in peace, you have to be available for conf calls and respond to emails. This does mean that you do not truly unwind on holiday.
- Majority of the delivery staff is based in India. High staff turnover in the country for most companies means Sapient keeps this group more coddled and appeased than local staff. This does lead to delivery and working relationship with client, challenges, as India office may often dictate terms in how a project gets delivered

- Do develop and take care of staff in India, as they are key component of GDD model, but not such that they dictate terms on how projects are delivered. Leadership of projects should always be local to the client.

804 Other Employee Reviews for Sapient (View Most Recent)

Great experience so far

Current Employee - Senior Associate Business Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Business Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient

Pros

In my time at SapientNitro I have worked on an interesting variety of challenging projects. I travel often and work a large number of hours so I wouldn't say that the consulting world is for everyone. I will say that if you are looking for a place where hard work is respected and rewarded Sape is a good place to be. The company has done a good job of finding and hiring some good hardworking "type a" personalities. I have only once encountered someone who was not a performer and he was washed out rather quickly. If you are willing to put in the time, manage your own career path and travel, I think Sapient is a good place to be.

Cons

Work life balance is an issue for some people. It's not uncommon to spend a large amount of the day in client meetings and large part of your evening working with your team.

Accelerated growth has the risk of watering down a good culture. Continue to diligently vet future hires and avoid taking on staff augmentation type projects. There is also a large disconnect between the teams in the field and the teams in the office.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient

Pros

Management does a good job with being transparent and horizontal. People growth is strongly encouraged and focused on, which is the best part of the company.

Cons

Sapient looks for and hires the best in their respective field; however, they are too lax when looking for best fit for the company and its core values.

The company is all about people growth. Recent new hires seem to care more about themselves than about other people and the company. Don't let our rosy vision of growth and profits blind us from the path our core values were meant to lead us on.

There are newer employer reviews for Sapient