Saputo

www.saputo.com
  www.saputo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Saputo

Life Altering

Current Employee - Loadbuilder in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Loadbuilder in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Saputo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work for Saputo hands down is the people and the experience.

Cons

The equipment makes work a little back breaking at times when it doesn't have to be, but best place for an honest days work for an honest days pay.

More team emphasis between white collar and blue collar workers such as events that are not as inclusive or barbeques Saturday night in Edmonton for example cause their is no night shift and more employees could attend.As opposed to midday in the middle of the week where most of the employees in attendance are people working that day that have to rush back to work.If there is no opportunity to socialize during such events they are not very effective or enjoyable as they could be.I also had a suggestion when it comes to corporate challenge.Why not give employees that participate in the event in past years or years to come first dibs on event selection it makes sense and might lead to more participation.My one other suggestion and yes I know I have alot wether they are good or bad you decide is regarding corporate challenge in Edmonton we are always lacking female participation in alot of events if Saputo wants to compete more in such events the company should offer more incentive to participate.With as many corporations involved in the event am concerned it won't go over well for image if participation doesn't improve.I want to see Saputo do well cause this company is like a second home to me,thanks for listening.If I spelled a word or two wrong I don't work in an office and have no idea how to spell check a review so sorry.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Saputo (View Most Recent)

Non-Union get 80% of industry standard pay but are expected to work 125%

Current Employee - Non-union Office Type in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Non-union Office Type in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Saputo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

work indoors, everyone drinks milk so it likely is not going anywhere. Low debt. A monopoly in the dairy industry. Good to get the Saputo name on your resume for another job. Other companies should thank Saputo actually for this.

Cons

Never seen so many management (non-union) people quit within 2-4 years of starting. Saputo is used as a resume padder. Work for Saputo for 2 years to get the largest dairy in canada on your resume and then move on to a better company that treats you better. Seen this over 20 times in their Burnaby location in the past 18 months. HR personnel don't last longer than 24 months before they quit to get a better job - that says something right there.

They will never listen so no point. Their business model seems to work. Saputo makes alot of money by chewing through new employees regularly.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at Saputo as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly Staff
    Interesting industry
    Lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Company is closing down offices and centralizing.

There are newer employer reviews for Saputo