Generally good experience at Sara Lee, but I feel extremely boring about my job

Pros

good pay, working hours, and flexible work hours as a internship

Cons

The office is a sales office. My internship is in IT department, I only talk to two managers and another intern for the whole day. So if you really like to work in team and work with people, I dont think this would be a good choice.

Advice to Management

Create more communication

Other Employee Reviews for Sara Lee Food & Beverage

1. Started when it was Superior Coffee, went down hill rapidly after purchase by Sara Lee.

Former Employee - Route-Sales in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Route-Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at Sara Lee Food & Beverage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sara Lee had I thought, a solid reputation, however, in the long run it did not translate from a super market customer, to a wholesale client.

Cons

For some reason they were convinced that the company could be run from the office, and they would never listen, or take any advice from the field reps. They also had a habit of bringing in people from out of town, who would talk about the way we did it...fill in the blank.

Advice to Management

Learn your market before you become a self professed expert, get out of the office for something besides golf.

2. Mid Level management needs to spend time in the operation....only time spent in operation was yelling @ employees.

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Stockton, CA

Pros

I did not really didn't any pros other than the support staff e.g. HR safety manager etc. were great to work with.

Cons

Workforce old school and unable to adapt to change. Equipment is archaic and maintenance does not know anything other than how to place a band-aid on a problem.

Advice to Management

Get a Production Manager that knows what they are doing and values their people. Someone in this role should care about real change not just what something looks like on paper.