There are newer employer reviews for Sargent & Lundy

As EE was very satisfied with assignment however when projects declined due to economy, I was let go due to staff reduct

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sargent & Lundy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great reputation, staffing very personable

Cons

Many of projects are in fossile fuel power generation which at this time is in decline due to political decisions. Exit from company was untimely, as I was considering other opportunities when I hired on with S&L. My initial interviews with my boss and actually confirmed when I was hired was that it was to be long term position. My performance was never challenged so it was a bit disappointing to be laid off and not called back even though my performance was satisfactory or above expectations.

Need more EE focused interaction between S&L HR and EE at separation and also greater interface at times of possible rehire. HR did NOT review exit benefits, for Unemployment or disability or LT disability at all.....brief call from a staff member only....followed up with ZERO feedback or reemployment support.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Sargent & Lundy (View Most Recent)

Great Company but culture needs significant help

Former Employee - Project Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sargent & Lundy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great compensation and potential for future growth.

Cons

Poor Culture and work life balance. Hard work and outstanding performance is not recognized. Rather, all employees are put on the same career progression.

Need more of an emphasis on employee satisfaction and work life balance.

Great Company for Engineers looking to make a career in Power & Energy sector

Former Employee - Structural Associate II  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Structural Associate II in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sargent & Lundy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reasonable to Good Pay, Busy Work Schedule, Overtime Opportunities, Company does well with Power Plant Projects consistently better than competitors in industry, They encourage and compensate employees who recieve their Professional Engineering Licenses well, there are fewer layoffs than the rest of the industry there, there is design opportunity there that is not found as much at other companies working on Industrial Structures.

Cons

Advancement, Field Project, and Design Opportunities differ per employee some get all of them too easily while others never get them at all despite what is done. Some work processes are only done there so it may or may not be easy to transition to those from a previous employer, Supervisors, directives and expectations are both at times very inconsistent.

Play less favoritism with given employees, come through on promises to advance employees more often.

There are newer employer reviews for Sargent & Lundy

Worked for Sargent & Lundy? Contribute to the Community!