Sarnova

www.sarnova.com
  www.sarnova.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sarnova

Best to walk away

I have been working at Sarnova full-time

Pros

Great health benefits and vacation time

Cons

This company runs on nepotism. The only employees that receive advancement are the family & friends of the management team. Spiff programs are never paid in full and the management team is known for punishing the employees that voluntarily resign by providing bad/untrue reviews. The sales quotas are so high you run yourself out of a job after 12 months.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Sarnova (View Most Recent)

Pretty Content

I have been working at Sarnova full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This company has done nothing but change since the day I joined...but if you can roll with the punches, it's definitely a place that will challenge you and force you to expand your perspective, knowledge & skillset. Sure, there are always annoyances at work but those same annoyances exist at every other company out there. This place really does try hard to create a good work environment. I can't speak for the other locations but at the corporate office, the HR Team, Rescue Team and Wellness Team are always coming up with some activity. It may be related to a holiday, raising money or other resources for a worthy cause, or sometimes just for fun. The people are friendly and extremely passionate about the customer. There are some amazing people on the staff here (and of course a few duds but you can't win 'em all). The IT department ROCKS! This company does not spare expense when it comes to keeping up with technology. For the size of the company, the benefits are great and quite affordable. Seems to be a lot promotions if you follow the newsletter at all. Pretty casual environment.

Cons

Lots of growth through acquisitions which of course creates internal process issues, culture clashes and lots of extra work beyond the day-to-day functions. Old leadership was really difficult to please but recent changes have brought relief. It's nice to feel like we finally have some momentum back and we're heading in the right direction. More investment in training opportunities to improve general skills/people management skills would be nice.

Keep the customer in mind and listen to your line level staff...they really do have a great perspective on internal process and communication gaps.

I would work there again in a heartbeat!

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Sarnova full-time (more than an year)

Pros

this has that "mom and pop shop" feel, many folks have been there a long time and KNOW the business inside and out.

Cons

I really did not dislike anything about Sarnova.

talk to some folks on MIS about what processes are not working and how they can be fixed.

There are newer employer reviews for Sarnova