There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited

Hard work pays off

Current Employee - Satellite Technician
Current Employee - Satellite Technician

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I first interviewed with SUI and read the reviews, I was kind of worried about some of the things that were said on here. Well I went on to give them and try. Now I have completed the 4 weeks of training and have been on my own for nearly 2 months so far and I have a lot to share already. I'll post again after I've been with the company longer to keep anyone interested updated on my experience with SUI.

Hard work really has been paying off well for me so far and looks to be much more promising on down the road. If you're not afraid to ask for it, help is easy to find throughout the training process and on into working on your own. No more paying $10-20 or even more in gas going to and from work every day, tools, van and fuel is provided. The company really does want you to succeed, the more you make, the more the company makes.

Just a side note in reference to a few other reviews I read on here.. I have not been asked or told by anyone to only report 47 hours a week, but the pay guidelines do state that you cannot get your weekly bonus if you work for more than 47 hours in a week. In my opinion, if it takes you more than 47 hours to get that many units done in a week then why do you deserve a bonus? If you really want the bonus than just put 47 hours on your time-sheet and cash in. When you are not paid hourly it really doesn't matter how many hours you work anyway.

Cons

A lot is of demanded from you. There is a ton of things to remember and guidelines to follow to get the most out of it. At least 1-3 days a week you end up driving way more than you would ever care to imagine.

Management is great, there is only one area that needs more attention in my opinion so far.. Work on a way to eliminate trouble calls that are not the technician's fault from being counted against them.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Satellites Unlimited (View Most Recent)

Solid Career Based Company

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time

Pros

Great pay, no supervisor looking over your shoulder. You are responsible like it is your own personal business, except they supply all the tools for it.

Cons

If you are not used to the elements or are adaptable this will be a tough career. Not being supervised all the time takes a special breed of person to be successful.

Make sure that communication remains open at all levels.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Satellite Technician  in  Attalla, AL
    Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Attalla, AL

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

No experience required to get a job, once you are through the introductory period your pay is determined by the amount of work you complete so you set your own pay, all tools required to do the job are provided, a vehicle and gas are provided, health insurance available and vacation time as well

Cons

365 day a year job, two days off per week but off days are determined by performance so weekends off are hard to come by, work is done on the outside of homes so weather can be annoying

Keep doing the things you are doing. All employees opinions are taken and used to improve the work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited

Worked for Satellites Unlimited? Contribute to the Community!