Satellites Unlimited

www.suicareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited

Outstanding company

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time

Pros

Good compensation, they recognize talent and potential and promote from within, good benefits, no experience necessary to start as a technician, all tools and education are provided.

Cons

Depending on where you work and what you do, there can be personal sacrifices.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Satellites Unlimited (View Most Recent)

Hard work pays off

Current Employee - Satellite Technician
    Current Employee - Satellite Technician

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When I first interviewed with SUI and read the reviews, I was kind of worried about some of the things that were said on here. Well I went on to give them and try. Now I have completed the 4 weeks of training and have been on my own for nearly 2 months so far and I have a lot to share already. I'll post again after I've been with the company longer to keep anyone interested updated on my experience with SUI.

Hard work really has been paying off well for me so far and looks to be much more promising on down the road. If you're not afraid to ask for it, help is easy to find throughout the training process and on into working on your own. No more paying $10-20 or even more in gas going to and from work every day, tools, van and fuel is provided. The company really does want you to succeed, the more you make, the more the company makes.

Just a side note in reference to a few other reviews I read on here.. I have not been asked or told by anyone to only report 47 hours a week, but the pay guidelines do state that you cannot get your weekly bonus if you work for more than 47 hours in a week. In my opinion, if it takes you more than 47 hours to get that many units done in a week then why do you deserve a bonus? If you really want the bonus than just put 47 hours on your time-sheet and cash in. When you are not paid hourly it really doesn't matter how many hours you work anyway.

Cons

A lot is of demanded from you. There is a ton of things to remember and guidelines to follow to get the most out of it. At least 1-3 days a week you end up driving way more than you would ever care to imagine.

Management is great, there is only one area that needs more attention in my opinion so far.. Work on a way to eliminate trouble calls that are not the technician's fault from being counted against them.

Solid Career Based Company

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time

Pros

Great pay, no supervisor looking over your shoulder. You are responsible like it is your own personal business, except they supply all the tools for it.

Cons

If you are not used to the elements or are adaptable this will be a tough career. Not being supervised all the time takes a special breed of person to be successful.

Make sure that communication remains open at all levels.

There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited