There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited

Satellites Unlimited is by far the best company that I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Headquarters in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Headquarters in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company where the owners actually care about their employees and their families.Unlimited opportunities for career driven, goal oriented individuals.

Cons

I have not experienced any negative aspects from the employer. Satellites Unlimited strives to overcome obstacles that occur in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Satellites Unlimited

False Promises

Former Employee - Installation Technician
    Former Employee - Installation Technician

I worked at Satellites Unlimited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company provided tools, vehicle, and equipment.

Cons

Company preaches quality, safety, and unlimited earning potential. Unfortunately, those things will not get you paid at this company. The only way to get a decent paycheck is to sling up as many pieces as possible with no regard for safety, quality, or customer satisfaction. If there's a snafu in weekly equipment draw (quite frequent), you spend all week cancelling jobs and scrounging for what you need (which keeps you on the road 12 hours a day with no pay).

Advice to Management

Put techs on an hourly rate and reward / punish based on quality, safety, and productivity.

2. The best company I have worked for- the employees reap the rewards of success.

Current Employee - Trainer in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Trainer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let me start by saying that this is the best company I have worked for. I have worked for the company where your growth was easier based on your looks or how well you were liked. I have worked for the company that dangles the carrot, promising if you keep doing something a little longer you will finally make it. You end up questioning whether or not you should stay, hoping to see all your efforts recognized. I was surprised when I started at SUI because I had never worked for a company that was managed the right way. This company actually cares about your growth rather than that of the upper management because they know that the key to their success starts at the bottom and goes up. The average technician makes around $40,000 a year. There are technicians here that make $60,000 - $100,000 a year. So you have to ask yourself, how average do you want to be? That’s the great thing about working here; you get to decide how much money you make. Here are some of the best things about being a technician at SUI. • Family owned company • Great benefits • Tenure pay increases • Weekly bonus plan • Company vehicle, gas, and tools provided • Paid training (No experience required) • Company uniforms and boot program • Leave your house every morning and go straight to your first job, not the office • Scenery always changes. Not stuck in an office, warehouse, factory, construction site etc… • Best of all, the pay. There are numerous ways to earn money.

Cons

Here are some truths about this career choice. • The money doesn’t come to you. You have to go get it. • The company operates 365 days a year. You may be working some holidays. • We work in all kinds of weather. • We deal with insects and animals. • You will have some long days up front. • You will have that day where you want to quit. Every job has this. • You will work in attics, crawlspaces, and basements. • You consistently work with a 6’ and 24’ ladder. The simple truth is this. If you are not afraid of working to earn a living, and ready to see your efforts recognized and rewarded. This is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.