Satellites Unlimited

www.suicareers.com

You want the scoop, here it is: SUI provides the tools but it's up to you to use them.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Homewood, AL
Current Employee - Manager in Homewood, AL

Pros

I have been with SUI for roughly 5 years and I never pictured where I'd be at today from my first day walking in for the interview. I will say that I had interviewed for other companies at this same time, but it felt different walking in for this interview that day. This company has so much to offer to its employees that they could ever ask for.if they are willing to work for it. From my first year as a hourly associate, to my current position, I have never worked for a company that is being managed correctly. Previous companies I have worked for have so much "red tape" that I didn't know what actions to take or decisions to make. SUI provides a clear strategy and objectives to all it's employees to ensure that everyone is aligned and moving in the same direction. Further, SUI's managers and provide relevant positive and constructive feedback to develop you in the most effective way possible in your professional career. I wouldn't be in my current role with out it. The catch is, to be willing to use it and most importantly, apply it.

Working for SUI has never been boring for me. There is always some scope of healthy competition either between departments, offices, peers or larger with other RSPs working for Dish. If you don't like competition then this may not be the best fit for you. SUI also believes from promoting with in. I am a perfect example of this. Some examples that I have been witness to have been technicians coming in and being promoted to field service managers or office managers. In addition to technicians or office managers being promoted to corporate or other positions with in McKinneyCapital (SUI is currently one of 8 companies inside McKinney Capital's portfolio). My last statement should also demonstrate the potential career opportunities available to it's employees. Not only with in SUI but also with in the other companies owned by the McKinney's.

Have you ever met the CEO of the company you work for? Did you talk about the game that was on the night before? In other companies I have worked with, it has been a privilege but also nerve wracking to have the CEO enter your office or store. Most offices or stores will have the CEO's name or name and picture posted on a plaque, but you may not get the opportunity to meet or get to know him or her. With SUI, you will meet and come to know the CEO and other executives pretty much on a normal basis. I love that I get asked how my family is doing, what I did for the holidays etc. This shows me how dedicated and caring they are for the people that work for them. I have also heard stores of the CEO and other executives visiting employees and their families in times of need just to comfort them.

Cons

There may be a day that you may say to your self "I quit". (all companies have this)

At this point you should evaluate both words "I"-meaning you and "quit" -meaning giving up. Therefore, you've just told yourself that you're giving up on you. SUI will not give up on you. It is your responsibility to communicate your challenges to your direct report to avoid this. SUI gives you the necessary tools but it's up to you to use them.

As I have stated before, if you do don't like competition, this isn't the place for you.

There will also be learning curves and you must come to work to work-this is an expectation. It's part of any career.

Continue to develop your people and keep the "Lead Dog" mentality.

Other reviews for Satellites Unlimited

Never know what to expect; because the company is always making productive moves the employees and the company.

Current Employee - Field Service Manager  in  Crestview, FL
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Crestview, FL

Pros

The company allows you to always expand your future career within the company; and the pay isn't bad either. The company also give a lot of in-sensitives to help the employees try to go to the next level in there career.

Cons

The only down side is just like any company you have to come to work to work.

The advice is to keep doing what you are doing and keep a heavy focus on your employees.

WOW What can I say other than Amazing

Pros

Well lets start with the best company I have ever had the opportunity to work for that cares about your family and well being.It is Career that is based on my overall performance and allows for advancements within the company for those who challenge them selves to be the best at every thing they do.Its never boring always something that is new and challenging.The sky is not the limit with SUI it is just something you can reach.

Cons

There may be some from time to time but SUI will find them and come up with a solution to make sure they get resolved and in a very timely manner.

What can I say other than Outstanding.

There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited.

Worked for Satellites Unlimited? Contribute to the Community!