Satellites Unlimited

www.suicareers.com
  www.suicareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited

You are part of something special at Satellites Unlimited!

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

What I love about Satellites Unlimited is the fact this company has excellent leadership that allows employees to expand their horizons, be creative, and take on new and exciting opportunities. I also love our competitive spirit to be the absolute best in the industry!

Cons

Personally speaking, I can't think of any. If you are a results-driven individual, with a strong work ethic and values; someone who enjoys working with people, being supportive, and believes it is important to always deliver a world-class customer service experience, then you will absolutely LOVE working at Satellites Unlimited!

No advice. Only praise and thanks. I've been fortunate to work for some pretty good companies in my life, but Satellites Unlimited is by far the VERY BEST company I have ever worked for. I am very proud to be with Satellites Unlimited, Inc. Thank you!

47 Other Employee Reviews for Satellites Unlimited (View Most Recent)

Awesome Experience!!

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Greenwood, MS
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Greenwood, MS

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Pros of this company are too many to mention here. My work experience previous to this company was greatly varied. I have worked at a lot of different types of jobs, from a factory job, to retail, to fast food, and once at Wonderbread.
    I have NEVER worked for a company that rewards it employees for what they accomplish instead of for their seniority. Satellites Unlimited is a company that strives to be Number One in the nation and the way in which it accomplishes this is to recruit the best people available. I began as a technician, became a calibrated trainer, safety co-chair for my office, and now serve as an Field Service Manager.
    We have many training sessions to improve management/leadership skills and also the BEST training methods and curriculum for new employees entering this line of work.
    We reward results!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

First....this is NOT A JOB. It is a CAREER. A job is something you do to get a paycheck every week, a CAREER is something you do that you love to do and you just happen to get paid for it.
    If you are not self motivated and ready to learn, then this is not the career for you, as our pay is based on commission. You must come here ready to work.
    Working in the weather and dealing with various wildlife.

Keep the momentum we currently have. Love the direction the company is heading in and the applaud the ability of our employees to adapt to the positive changes associated with Satellites Unlimited.

You want the scoop, here it is: SUI provides the tools but it's up to you to use them.

Current Employee - Manager in Homewood, AL
    Current Employee - Manager in Homewood, AL

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with SUI for roughly 5 years and I never pictured where I'd be at today from my first day walking in for the interview. I will say that I had interviewed for other companies at this same time, but it felt different walking in for this interview that day. This company has so much to offer to its employees that they could ever ask for.if they are willing to work for it. From my first year as a hourly associate, to my current position, I have never worked for a company that is being managed correctly. Previous companies I have worked for have so much "red tape" that I didn't know what actions to take or decisions to make. SUI provides a clear strategy and objectives to all it's employees to ensure that everyone is aligned and moving in the same direction. Further, SUI's managers and provide relevant positive and constructive feedback to develop you in the most effective way possible in your professional career. I wouldn't be in my current role with out it. The catch is, to be willing to use it and most importantly, apply it.

Working for SUI has never been boring for me. There is always some scope of healthy competition either between departments, offices, peers or larger with other RSPs working for Dish. If you don't like competition then this may not be the best fit for you. SUI also believes from promoting with in. I am a perfect example of this. Some examples that I have been witness to have been technicians coming in and being promoted to field service managers or office managers. In addition to technicians or office managers being promoted to corporate or other positions with in McKinneyCapital (SUI is currently one of 8 companies inside McKinney Capital's portfolio). My last statement should also demonstrate the potential career opportunities available to it's employees. Not only with in SUI but also with in the other companies owned by the McKinney's.

Have you ever met the CEO of the company you work for? Did you talk about the game that was on the night before? In other companies I have worked with, it has been a privilege but also nerve wracking to have the CEO enter your office or store. Most offices or stores will have the CEO's name or name and picture posted on a plaque, but you may not get the opportunity to meet or get to know him or her. With SUI, you will meet and come to know the CEO and other executives pretty much on a normal basis. I love that I get asked how my family is doing, what I did for the holidays etc. This shows me how dedicated and caring they are for the people that work for them. I have also heard stores of the CEO and other executives visiting employees and their families in times of need just to comfort them.

Cons

There may be a day that you may say to your self "I quit". (all companies have this)

At this point you should evaluate both words "I"-meaning you and "quit" -meaning giving up. Therefore, you've just told yourself that you're giving up on you. SUI will not give up on you. It is your responsibility to communicate your challenges to your direct report to avoid this. SUI gives you the necessary tools but it's up to you to use them.

As I have stated before, if you do don't like competition, this isn't the place for you.

There will also be learning curves and you must come to work to work-this is an expectation. It's part of any career.

Continue to develop your people and keep the "Lead Dog" mentality.

There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited