Satellites Unlimited

www.suicareers.com
  www.suicareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited

Overall, my experience with SUI has been a great journey starting as a technician and presently with the Corporate team.

Current Employee - Calendar/Routing Manager in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Calendar/Routing Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SUI is a company that not only cares about their overall success but about their employees and the community.

Cons

Even though most jobs carry a weight of cons, at this time, I do not have any to express about SUI. I actually look forward to coming to the office everyday.

The only advice that I would give to upper management, is to keep doing what they have been doing all along: continue motivating their employees, keeping the family-type atmosphere in the work place, and continue to strive for excellence as we look towards the future.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Satellites Unlimited (View Most Recent)

Sky is the limit

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company gives you all of the training and support you need to be successful. You just have to do your part and go get it. There are opportunities to advance based on your performance and work ethic, not just education. This is a great place to be and an excellent company to be a part of.

Cons

It's work. There are no air hockey tables in the break rooms. You won't be bringing your dog to work with you everyday.

Stay committed to your values.

Not a Career. Just a job.

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its better than not having a job

Cons

Cons. We are constantly told to munipulate customers into selling dish home services. Ex. Telling the customers that they need HDMI cables and sling adapters for 625s. Required to do rollbacks on jobs and not paid for them even if the problem is something the customer did after you left. Routing is horrible. Constantly routed with two days worth of work and actually expecting you to bring every job up to code. Metrics are constantly changing to assure its harder and harder to make the money you deserve. Requiring a 9.7 on csat is absurbed, and then if a customer rates you low by mistake the only thing that you hear is that you should have explained it better. You can spend a hour going over csats and some customers still will screw it up. Instead of throwing that score out they see it as a way just not to pay you.
    Last but not least connectivity. We are required to connect all high definition equipment to the internet. If a customer doesnt have internet it counts against us, like its our fault they dont have internet. This actually affects how we get paid the next 3 months.

This a career not a job.

Company morale is horrible. Listen to the techs more.

There are newer employer reviews for Satellites Unlimited