Very Great Company To Work For

Former Employee - Satellite Technician in Meridian, MS
Former Employee - Satellite Technician in Meridian, MS

I worked at Satellites Unlimited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being Great With Customers And Friendly Enviorment

Cons

Consider Discussing: Leadership, Personal Growth, Compensation

Advice to Management

Stay In Touch With Your Technicians

reviews filtered by
  1. Great people, great pay, different scenery every day!

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited

Pros

Job performance based pay scale, very understanding managers, benefits, paid vacations, great atmosphere. Company van, tools, uniforms.

Cons

You have to work your butt off for the money, but your given all the tools necessary to get to the top. Having bonus taken away due to technical aspects we cannot control.

Advice to Management

Find a way to eliminate TC's and CSAT counting against technicians pay that we can't control. Also don't hold us accountable for IP if we connect every job we can and still can't reach our goal. Other than that, keep doing what your doing and striving to be number one.

Interesting job.......

Current Employee - Satellite Installation Technician
    Current Employee - Satellite Installation Technician

I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company vehicle, tools, gas card. Possible to make good money. Scenery changes daily.
    Have to have a 20 word minimum for the pros so I am writing more to fill space cause there is not 20 pros for this job.

Cons

Not being paid correctly from payroll so, you have to really watch your paycheck to make sure it is correct.

When you put in a payroll dispute so you are paid correctly for a job you will only get approved a couple times before they stop approving it and find a way to not pay you correctly for the work you have done.

It's YOUR fault if the customer did something to the system within 30 days of install, this goes against you. This is one of the metrics that determines your tier of pay.

Its YOUR fault if the equipment fails within 30 days of install, this goes against you. This is one of the metrics that determines your tier of pay.

It's YOUR fault if the customer does not have internet to connect to the system, this goes against you. This is one of the metrics that determines your tier of pay.

It's YOUR fault if there is not enough work during the winter months. Not enough units for a quarter will lower your tier of pay even if there was not enough work out there for you do the required number of units. This is one of the metrics that determines your tier of pay.

Its YOUR fault if the customer messes up the CSAT survey call. If you bring this up to management the only thing that is said is you should have explained it better. No matter how many times you say "0" represents a "10" people will still get it wrong. Not to mention the person that receives the phone call is not always the person that was there for you to explain the survey to and usually you cant get in touch with the person taht will receive the review on the phone to explain it to them. This is one of the metrics that determines your tier of pay.

You receive phone calls or texts messages to call a customer back on your days off if they are having an issue but, if it's a managers days off they will not even pick up the phone to take a call from you or return a text.

Constantly running out of equipment on your van for jobs so you spend lots of time calling techs to see if they have what you need. Then spend even more time to drive and meet up with them to get equipment so you can go to your job.

Sales of extra products to customers IS the most important thing, nothing is even mentioned about needing to be a salesman during any part of the application / interview / training process. They let you know that you carry this stuff with you to sell but, neglect to mention how much more important this aspect is than any other so, management can get a better bonus. If you are not a good salesman they give off the impression that you are either lazy, don't care, or not trying. Of course the customer not wanting or actually not needing anything has nothing to do with it in their eyes. You will receive at least 5 to 10 emails a day about how we need to sell more smart home products.

That's enough cons just off of the top of my head. Its making my off day become slightly depressing to put all this down. There are plenty more reviews that can add to my list. Wow, I didn't even realize I came up with so many cons to this job, until I wrote them down on this review..........

Advice to Management

If you are going to hold the technician accountable for so many factors that are completely out of their control that regulate their pay, how about offering to pay the technicians bills (ie... car payment or repairs, house payment or repairs, groceries, light bill, ect, ect) to make up for things they are punished for that they can't control? I know you are going to say its not the companies responsibility to pay a technicians bills but you hold them accountable for things that is not their responsibility.

Satellites Unlimited Response

Aug 13, 2014Sourcing Specialist

Thanks for your response! With every career opportunity that you venture, you may find that the position is not for you. Everyone has these experiences at one time or another in life. We can ... More