There are newer employer reviews for Satori Software

More Democracy needed in the workplace

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Satori Software

Pros

Downtown, convenient, good benefits including bus pass, great ping pong on Friday afternoons.

Cons

This is a very micromanaged place. Information is not shared. Employees can be very competitive with one another. The person managing often is lacking in technical knowledge. This is the most uncomfortable place I have ever worked in my life.

Stop micromanaging and treat employees with respect. Trust them. Share knowledge. Do not run company like a dictatorship.

reviews filtered by
  1. Pretty good.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Satori Software

Pros

The company under consideration awarded admirable freedom of work content decision making stuff where the president did not unduly interfere in daily work activity prioritization and detail stuff..

Cons

As this was my first job I did not make an impressive sum of money which was bad because I tend to like money when I do jobs which was not available.

Keep on.

2. Good Company in a difficult industry

I worked at Satori Software

Pros

A software company owned by a larger company but run fairly independently. Core products lead the market but a market that is consolidating and shrinking due to mailing/printing industry decline/stagnation. The big play is to move to data quality which a potential add-on to core clients but is a fragmented market. Software is on-premise but there are some web services available. Professional services and sales engineers are skilled but are understaffed.

Cons

The employees provide a good atmosphere to work in. Through acquisition of a competitor and acquisition of the company by Neopost, the culture dynamic and certain leadership positions of the company have changed negatively. Operationally, the company is run very competently but growth may have hit a ceiling for the near future until data quality products outperform core products.

Continue to maintain atmosphere that provides work/life balance. Reduce office politics that create large cliques within the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Satori Software