There are newer employer reviews for Sava Senior Care

Great culture, team environment coupled with Quality of Life focus

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sava Senior Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, everyone is on the same page and has the "In it to Win it" attitude. With the CMS challenges in our industry, the company's senior management team has gone above and beyond to make the necessary adjustments internally to maintain the vision, direction and culture to stay ahead of the game.

The company's management is all about quality of life but they do have high expectations and expect results. Everyone is in business to make profit, so to say that Sava is solely focused on profits and not people, that is a FALSE statement and only comes from underachievers in the business.

Compensation and benefits are competitive, and like anything else, this company is what you make of it. Management is always open to suggestion and opinions and will run with those ideas if they make sense for the betterment of the organization. The company's internal systems and programs assist in the positive outcomes of every facility.

Great place to work if you enjoy serving patients and providing quality care for our loved ones.

Cons

Challenges from the Long-term care industry....

Please continue being aggressive with adjusting to the changes with CMS; focus more on those current incumbents that are "True Leaders" and allow Operators to continue operating with autonomy. Great place to work and the senior management is top notch!

reviews filtered by

beware of working for this company

Current Employee - Area Marketing Liaison in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Area Marketing Liaison in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sava Senior Care full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the employees I met were good, the management were not

Cons

I was hired as a marketing liaison for an "old" nursing home and was given NO training, yet expected to do a good job of admitting "bodies" to fill beds. My administrator and business office manager were very critical of most things I attempted to do, from innovative marketing ideas to sales coverage. I had several bosses from regional sales managers to district managers to local sales managers including the administrator as well as an inside business office manager with all of them telling me something different. I have several years of sales experience and when I took this job, I did not know the disfunctional ways of this position. I was given NO training and NO ridealongs with a manager on what was expected of me. My hiring manager left shortly after I was hired the manager who said she would step in to be my manager told me twice that she would be traveling with me and no communication after her telling me that she would work with me. The management of this company is very shady and would not recommend them anyone. In fact, over a conference call the manager told her supervisor that "the applicant was 65 and would need someone else for the position. (a blatant age discrimination violation)
    Please knock them off your list of companies, you have been forwarned. I was fired in 7 weeks with no training and expectations of ? They never gave me what their expectations were and how to accomplish them

Teach employees to do what is expected of them, your reputation is already very poor in the community, spend money to update your old facilities up to it's competition and get rid of your management mindset, and be fair to your employees, you expect loyalty from the employee, why can't the employees expect loyalty from the company

Horrible Experience and would advise anyone to look elsewhere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sava Senior Care full-time

Pros

salary ok. Benefits are way to high if you have to provide for your family.

Cons

Terrible training, ineffective leadership and the job is so boring. The Admission Direction/Liaison role is considered a sales job. You have to meet quota weekly. If not, you are on twice weekly calls with upper management explaining why you are failing. If they do not like you, they will fire you immediately. Turnover is 97%. Every member of my team hates their job and is currently working on finding another one. There is a reason the company has so many job positings; and it's not because they are growing. They just replace. Also, most buildings are outdated and owners/managment fail to respond to what the consumer requires by updating and providing the necessary comforts when needing LTC or short stay rehab. Also, the nursing care is questionable in many of their buildings. All corporate management cares about is census. They will rant and rant and micro manage you all the time. If you love the elder care business, there are plenty of other companies to work and who will take pride in patient care, buiding esthetics and devote time and training for their employees.

Worthless!