Sava Senior Care

www.savasc.com

Love the culture!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

Pros

I've never worked for a more supportive team! Upper management is invested in my success and happiness in my position. Ive not worked for another company that makes me feel as valued and appreciated as Sava. I consider myself lucky to work here and would recommend to anyone!

Cons

Normal challenges facing any healthcare company.

Continue to keep the open door policy and welcome open communication from your employees.

Other reviews for Sava Senior Care

go there if u need a job...otherwise find something else

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse/RN  in  Catonsville, MD
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse/RN in Catonsville, MD

Pros

great area to work in....catonsville....... parking is not good though if u work 10am to 4pm, otherwise place is clean, neat

Cons

the work load was i think too much...they want you to do so much in an hr shift but really for a nurse the work is 12 hrs. on the skilled unit...lots of admissions with no med aide

appreciate the employers more.......
    give performance evals with raises

Not a fan of the rich staying rich

Pros

No bank account needed. Get paid on cash card, works like a debit card no bank fees

Cons

The company sucks, there is a feeling of over importance in making a profit vs providing care and safety for human beings. They have created a competition between facilities to have the most presentable building and you get a bonus if your facility wins, but pay cuts for the ones providing care on a day to day basis for the residents were implemented. (pay cuts that were not across the board).
    Rehab seems to be great, now Ive not experienced savas big medicare builds but from the looks of the rehab buildings they look to be much more staffed and updated. The only point of view I have is from one of savas Alzheimer's care centers. 56 beds probably not alot of room i can see for profit but because they are all long term residents and very little expectation for medicare dollars does not mean the company should cut corners, combine positions, leave the nursing staff chronically short staffed to continue making a profit. A building full of Alzheimer's residents are going to require much more care than the average alert and oriented person with a broken hip. Although this facility offers very little for resident care. Building built in 1965 little changes have been made. Not every resident has a bathroom in room which creates not enough places to toilet people or wash hands. The dinning area is not big enough and people are eating in a fire hazard environment.
    You will be told how great sava is and how big they are but dont be brain washed. You will be told whatever you need to be told to get you to come work there including a set pay and possibly the company wont approve it. Even if it was only the pay your were moving at your other job. They will try to recruit people if they know you or get your number. They are just like any other large company with people behind closed doors making decision that benefit there own skin, the problem with it is that these people arent just selling you a new tv, they are promising care for family members at an expensive cost. A cost that doesnt seem to be going torwards resident care. I hate to think that maybe all sava builds are ran this way. My advise would be to never really trust what you are being told from people in this company because it will probably change or its a lie.

I have alot of respect for all the people i work for and with inside this sava facility but very little for the ones that come in once every three months with a nice suit on and driving a luxury car, when the ones doing the resident care get pay cuts.

There are newer employer reviews for Sava Senior Care.

Worked for Sava Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!