There are newer employer reviews for Savannah State University

Student Worker

Former Employee - Student Worker in Savannah, GA
Former Employee - Student Worker in Savannah, GA

I worked at Savannah State University as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I was able to establish connections on campus with faculty and staff. These connections enabled me to access resources much easier without as many interruptions.

Cons

While working for the school I found out just how unorganized and even sometimes corrupt the school was in certain departments.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Savannah State University (View Most Recent)

Keeping head above water

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Savannah State University full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Family enivironment, and friendly employees. The health benefits are great as well the tuition assistance program. You are able to achieve most any degree.

Cons

Over the past 6 years there have been budget cuts and fuloughs. The cost of living continues to go up, but it not easy to supplement the rising costs. The university worked hard so that no employee would have to be terminated.

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Savannah State University

Pros

Paid vacation, medical insurance, dental insurance, retirement pay, life insurance, professional devwlopment workshops, family like work environment, efficient balance of work life and family life,

Cons

Short breaks during peak periods, lack of opportunities for advancement, low salary for amount of work performed

Some advice I would offer to the leadership at Savannah State University is to promote more employees from within because it builds morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Savannah State University